< Back to Map
Vote Early Day - State by State Voter Information
No-Excuse Mail Voting
In-Person Early Voting
|Primary Election Day:
||May 17, 2022
|Primary Ballots Mailed:
||March 28, 2022
|Primary In-Person Early Voting Opens:
May 12, 2022
|General Election Day:
||November 8, 2022
|General Election Ballots Mailed:
||September 19, 2022
|General Election In-Person Early Voting Opens:
November 3, 2022
|Additional Voting Information:
||Kentucky Elections Information Website
This state requires an excuse to vote by mail. Check out the information below to determine if you are eligible to vote by mail.
Absentee Voting Criteria
You may vote by absentee ballot in Kentucky if:
- You are advanced in age, disabled, or ill.
- You are a military personnel or their dependent, or an overseas citizen.
- You are a student who temporarily resides outside the county.
- You are a voter who temporarily resides outside of Kentucky and who maintains eligibility to vote in Kentucky, such as a “snowbird”.
- You are incarcerated, but not yet convicted of a crime.
- You are employed outside of the county all hours the polling place is open.
- You are a program participant in the Department of State’s Address Confidentiality Program.
If you have encountered a problem with voting, please call this national nonpartisan hotline: 866-OUR-VOTE.