Never underestimate the influence that you can have on your personal network! Studies show that a person is much more likely to vote if they get asked directly by someone they trust. On Vote Early Day, reach out to a handful of friends and family and make sure they have the tools they need to vote early. If possible, try to get them to vote on Vote Early Day (October 28) while there’s momentum!
To multiply your impact, ask each person you contact if they can also reach out to three of their own friends and family members with the same message. This way, if you reach out to 10 friends, you can help up to 30 people cast their ballot and make their voices heard!
We’ve provided a sample phone script as a starting point for when you reach out to your personal network (check out our phone and email scripts too!). Please feel free to adapt these to match your voice and personality. This action will have a huge impact on getting your friends’ and family’s voices heard, so thank you for taking the time to help them vote early!
Hey [their name]! Today is Vote Early Day, so I just wanted to reach out and remind you to vote early 🗳 Can I count on you to cast your ballot today?
- [If yes] Awesome! 🥳 Studies show that people are much more likely to vote if they make a plan to cast their ballot. Find the specific location where YOU can vote in [your community] by visiting voteearlyday.org today!
- [If no/unsure] I understand. I personally am voting in this election because [your personal reason], and I hope that you’ll join me! You can find where, when, and how to cast your ballot at voteearlyday.org.
Example reasons for voting early
• If you wait until the last day to vote, issues could come up that could prevent you from casting your ballot.
• When you vote early, you give yourself the time to plan for any last-minute problems that might come your way.
• Voting early helps ensure that long lines at the polls, voter disinformation, and confusing election laws cannot get in the way of you making your voice heard.
Thanks so much for voting today and making your voice heard in this election! Can you keep the Vote Early Day celebration going by texting three more friends and reminding them to vote today too? 😊